Tuesday, July 31, 2012

A sigh of relief...

Ok, spent time today digging out the rust around the front off side wheel arch.

I discovered a rusty area (as shown in my last post) is the bracket/supports for the turret to the inner arch – which I think could be fabricated and replaced and not structural.

There are also some small areas which will need patching. The inner arch is badly rusted in a couple of areas where it meets (or should) the outer arch. The wing is suffering from lots of very small rust marks in the paint, so I suspect the wing is very rusty on the inside.

The question is – do I patch the inner arch and fill the wing with Waxoyl, or replace the full arch and wing. Depending on the other side which looks visually ok, spending time and money on this side is the preferred option.

4 hrs












No comments:

Post a Comment