Monday, August 20, 2012

Front suspension removal...

I started by giving all the parts a good dose of WD40 to loosen everything up!

First I removed the nuts from the ends of the Anti roll bar, then the Tie rod lever allowing access to the Ball joint split pin and nut. Refitting the 'castle' head nut upside down and giving it a good hit to free from the strut leg.

Then removing the bolt from Track arm on the subframe, then the three nuts holding the suspension to the turret I carefully lifting the assembly away from the car. I repeated this for the other side.

Stripping down strut leg started with a ring around to see if I could borrow a spring compressor tool – but no luck.

A very good and old (that's number of years I've know him!) friend Nick came to my rescue with the  idea to using straps, as the road spring are 35 years old and knackered we could compress them using straps he had – which we did.

I will need to buy the right tool when fitting the uprated spring.

I then started cleaning up some of the parts for painting.

6 hrs










1 comment:

  1. Hello,
    I came to your blog and have been reading along your posts. I decided will leave my first comment. I have enjoyed reading your blog. Nice blog. I will keep visiting this blog very often…

    ReplyDelete