Monday, January 14, 2013

Engine breakdown... pt12

Removing the pistons next, I started by removing the remaining big end caps and shells, the condition of these shells are similar to the others already removed.

Cleaning the bores with a clean rag to minimise any damage to the piston rings I pushed the first piston up and out and placing into a numbered box containers I had set-up earlier.

Containing with the other three being careful not to let the rings catch on anything, the rings all look fine with plenty of spring in them and the bores look fine too. I will need to borrow some of my fathers measuring tools to check them properly.

One thing we did last time when we rebuilt the engine, we number the con rods and caps, also R for right hand side.

2hrs














No comments:

Post a Comment