Friday, March 15, 2013

Carburettor strip and clean...

With the inlet manifold nice and clean, time to tackle the carbs - twin SUs covered in thirty-six years of crap and grime.

Decided to get some "special" ultrasonic cleaner, 1ltr concentrated engine component formula - wasn't sure if I had just paid £10 for a litre of water and washing up liquid!

I started by taking these photos to remind me how they should look when putting back together – I have a pdf version of the workshop manual (on my useful links page), so print off the carb section pages and put them in a clear page file which I had already done for the engine rebuild.

I split the carbs and thought doing one at a time was a good idea, putting them into two containers marked left and right.

With the first one stripped off to the cleaner and the Fairy Liquid!

2hrs









No comments:

Post a Comment