Friday, April 5, 2013

Donor car purchased...

On arriving and getting the paperwork done, I started by pumping up the tyres - the backs were low and the fronts flat.

With my brother-in-law Steve, we tried pushing the TR out of the garage but one of rear wheels was seized. Using my car we pulled the car out and spent about 30 minutes trying to remove the brake drum  - finally after a lot of hammering the drum pulled off. Didn't bother putting it back on just refitted the wheel to the hub!

Using the trailer wench we loaded the car and set off for home - I followed in my car for the 60 miles journey only stopping for petrol and checking the straps. Interestedly the TR had it's photo taken twice on the way back by passing cars - keep an eye out for them.

As we approached the Godstone junction another 4x4 and trailer passed us with a nice dark blue AC Cobra - I was tempted to drive on and follow it home, but no!

We dropped the car off at the bottom of the driveway and the following day using a winch I pulled the car up and through the gates and back into a space in the garden I had recently cleared.

Lots of good parts to play with, sadly the radiator has a large circular dent in it which will show as I intend to remove the fan/viscous coupling and pulley assembly when refitting a Kenlowe kit. The rad looks like a newer replacement so if need to get my original repaired I could do this one.

The passengers' seat back is unmarked and if the red/black check matches mine it will be great replacement for my split driver seat, if not the black vinyl panel can be used to repair it.

6hrs













No comments:

Post a Comment