Friday, April 26, 2013

Twin SU's back together...

With most of the parts ready for assemble I didn't want to put the carbs/inlet onto the engine just yet - so I built a wooden stand to mount the inlet manifold which I could then assemble the carbs, linkage and pipes on.

I setup the needles and jets as per the manual, this is a starting point for tuning and will be fine tuned when the engine is running.

With both carbs I positioned the centre linkage and pushed them on, connected the fuel and breather pipes. Fitted blanking plate and the heater pipe temporarily.

Finally had another go at polishing the suction chamber (the tops), using wet & dry and wire wool to clean the surface and some good old elbow action. Going to see if I can buy a polish disk to get that chrome look.

5hrs








No comments:

Post a Comment