Sunday, July 13, 2014

Driver's door repair pt1...

Repair and restore maybe a better heading. Years ago I like the red lights on the Rover's door when they opened - I had fitted them to the my 7. Years later because I didn't seal or even paint the holes I had made - you guessed it(!) they are rusty.

Also the usual rust is also showing along the door skin at the bottom, after removing the paint for the lower half and having a dig around inside the rust has been eating away under the sound proofing at the lower edge.

The return flap at the door skin was also rusting - I started removing the first 25mm of the sound proofing from inside the door to see how far the rust had travelled.

After marked out the area and using a cutting disc, I cut and folded back the flap. I then treated the inside and outside areas with Kurust.

I've cut some new metal and patches the red light hole - both will need bending and swaging before welding.  

4hrs








No comments:

Post a Comment