Monday, May 27, 2013

Smiths gauges...

Back in the day I had fitted four Smiths gauges on top of the centre console. Using a strip of aluminium to mount the gauges I cut two wedge sides from ply and fixed the front strip to the short side. Covered with a black vinyl.

This was fitted on top of the dash, between the large speaker grill. I had lights connected with the cables and pipes running down and into the engine bay connecting to the oil pump and cooler, water thermostat and inlet manifold for the vacuum gauge.

The oil pressure gauge needs some attention, the front rubber O ring needs replacing which I've found on Holden.co.uk for 70p – I was surprised at the cost of these Smiths gauges now £60 to £100 each.

I have a spare Amp gauge which I probably use to replace the vacuum - not worried about mpg now.



No comments:

Post a Comment