Saturday, July 20, 2013

Garage hoist...

When removing the engine I borrowed a engine hoist from a friend, which means a 70 miles round trip. In my fathers garage we had setup a 2" tubular bar fixed to the wall and an RSJ - we used it on a few cars over the years.

My garage being a converted outbuilding it doesn't have the ideal height without a lot of work - anyway I needed to get the engine off the stand on to my trolley.

Taking some measurements of the bar was the correct length to fix across my garage, this would allow me to support the engine and lower it on to the trolley.

I removed 4" of the cladding each side and fixed the bar in place with two ceiling joist hangers upside down.

It worked great and I may consider getting a couple of small RSJs to seeing if I can get it to work longways by lifting the bar up on supports blocks maybe.

2hrs





No comments:

Post a Comment