Saturday, January 25, 2014

Inner wing removal...

So having decided to replace the inner wing I needed to get the old one off. Starting at the front I removed the spot welds by carefully drilling them out.

At the rear I needed switch from the outside to the inside for some of the spot welds - when have the new panel I may need to fill some of the holes and drill others for the plug welds.

At the top of the wing a section is sandwiched between the turret flange the top outer wing fixing point. I presume I will need to modify the new panel when fitting.

With the old panel removed I can now see the work to done on rusty area behind the turret, the now inner wing with also give me good metal to weld if required.

3hrs








1 comment:

  1. Glad to see you back at it. Looking good. Weather here in the middle of the States has been too cold to work in the garage so haven't done much of late. I did manage to get the interior pulled and have been burning the sound insulation off to prep for POR dirty job but needs to be done. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete