Monday, April 21, 2014

A Good Friday and Saturday...

Finally had a few days in the garage to get on... I had started patching the sills with ok results but felt I was chasing the rust along the sills so decided new would be better.

With a recent pre-show discount offer I bought both sides for £190 delivered. But before tackling these I needed to finish what I had started.

Last week with my two partners in welding crime saying bigger is better – while I was making a the tea they cut a large section of the front flitch section. Then showed me how to used the swagger, bending and tack welded in a complete replacement section - thanks Pete and Dick again!

Leaving me to get on I finished off the welding, I patched the turret and the chassis member - with some extra finishing required on the engine bay side, I'm getting there.

18hrs











No comments:

Post a Comment