Monday, April 21, 2014

Front drivers floor panel...

In preparation of removing the sill I raised the car up on axle stands and ramps to a good working height. Removed some of the carpet and rear bulkhead trim.

The sound insulation pad on the floor panel was cracked around large plug - I started digging around to find under pad was rusty, after cleaning off all the insulation I found a small hole in the corner – looks like were the seam sealer was used now has surface rusted along the joints - well done Triumph!

The inner sill was cover with 37 years contact adhesive from the carpet so with some white spirit I spent about hour and half cleaning it back to white paint.

I cleaned out the seam sealer along the bottom of the inner sill joint which with the rusty floor panel I will treat the Hammerite Kurust before cutting out the section that needs repairing.

I also cut out some new plug plates including one for the spare wheel well.

6hrs






No comments:

Post a Comment