Thursday, May 8, 2014

Off with the sill...

With another long weekend it was time to remove the off side sill. A new heritage sill waiting to go on - I started by cutting the bulk of the outer skin off.

Looking at it the other rusty areas along from where I had patched proved it was a good decision to replace them.

I then cut and drilled out the spot welds on the top and bottom joints and from around the A and B posts, then cutting welds from the inside to release and slipped out the remaining sections.

I had a quick dry fit of the new sill with looks like a nice fit. Next I will clean up and Hamerite the outside of the inner sill which has only a small amount of surface rust, I will also paint the inside of the new sill for extra protection.

8hrs












No comments:

Post a Comment