Sunday, June 8, 2014

Boot lid...

Many years ago I had fitted a foam/rubber covered rear spoiler to the boot lid. After a couple of years the damp and water got into it - when we had a frost or cold weather the water would freeze and the ends would curly up!

When I removed it all five drill holes had rusted which needed to be cleaned and welded up. I started by using flap disc on both sides to get a good surface. I drilled out a larger holes to ensure I got all the rust.

Using aluminium strips under each hole I welded them up. I then started to clean off some of the paint and got a bit carried away - ended up doing it all.

I will need to do some filling around the holes later but for now I gave it a quick coat of paint to seal it until I'm ready to do the paint preparation.

3hrs








No comments:

Post a Comment