Saturday, June 14, 2014

Rear lower sill...

The rear low sill has some rust holes. I cut out a section and welded in a plate, but as I was cleaning the area up to more holes appeared. Again looking at the donor car both these sections had been replaced with repair panels.

The poor state of repairs on the donor meant it was very easy to remove the one I needed. With only six tick welds holding it in place, this also meant it was already rusting like most of the other repairs done.

I decided as it was on the underside surface, I would patch it after removing the rusty bits and cut a section from the repair panel.

The panel already had rusty areas so I used it as a template cutting a new section form new metal. Clamping in place and then seam welding along the edges.

Using a flap disc on the front edge to get the right profile before welding this part - I don't think your notice the extra thickness once some finishing is done.

3hrs



No comments:

Post a Comment