Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Front offside wing repair pt1...

I've been thinking long and hard about this... repair or replace? . . . . . . . Finally decided to have a go at repairing and it looks crap replace IT!

The wings has been off the car for a while now as I still haven't found a suitable inner wing panel yet.

I was thinking back to the days when helping my dad in his wood workshop - he always made a jigs to hold things in place while assembling projects.

So with an old table (out of the green house) I place the wing on top and using some wooden battens as stops and clamps the hold it. I guess with the lip removed the rigidity of the wing will suffer and welding the repair panel in the wrong place would course fit issues later.

I ordered a repair arch from Robsport and lead sticks and solder paint off ebay for filling and repairing the rear lower flange edge.

I clamped the new arch in place and scribed a edge which need to cut back from by 5mm. Both ends of panel will need some work to get it to fit.

4hrs














No comments:

Post a Comment