Thursday, July 3, 2014

Inner wing fitting pt1...

After a long wait I gave up on the inner wing from Robsport he's having problems with this supplier. Again following another ring around I bought this one for S&S. They also told me the fit is crap, but I need to move on so handed over my £180 knowing I may need to cut it to get it to fit.

Laying it inside the outer wing, the fit around the arch isn't that bad – but looking the rear/back side has a very rounded look to it, the old one is flat.

I started by laying the old and new inside each other and using a marker to mark where I needed the start shaping and flatting. It wasn't long before I had the back fitting fairly well and the top edge I had folded forward for the moment.

Clamping it in place I can see the fit on the front edge is going to need a lot of fitting with a 15mm gap at the centre point.

Also the front lower section is missing - they all seem to be like this, I will cut and weld in this missing section so it looks like the original and matches the other side.

3hrs










No comments:

Post a Comment